Body contouring surgery includes a range of surgical procedures to tighten and remove excess skin and fat. This is often required after significant weight loss, childbirth or general ageing. Body contouring can improve the visual appearance of a number of areas around the body, including the abdomen, thighs and arms.
For further information and advice from Dr Timothy Hewitt regarding Body Contouring Surgery in Perth call (08) 9388 9222 use the contact page.
The Most Popular Body Contouring Surgeries
The most popular body contouring surgical procedures performed by Dr Timothy Hewitt are:
- Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Skin Reduction Surgery
A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) removes excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen. This procedure is commonly performed on people who have lost weight, had multiple pregnancies or are unhappy with the appearance of their tummy despite diet and exercise.Surgery involves removing the excess tissue, tightening and flattening the underlying muscles and, in most cases, liposuction to surrounding areas.
Skin reduction surgery involves the removal of excess skin and tightening of the deeper tissues to give a more streamlined look.With the current popularity of weight loss surgery (lap banding), people are increasingly considering surgery for the removal of excess skin. Body contouring is most commonly performed on the abdomen (abdominoplasty), arm (brachioplasty) and thighs (thigh reduction).
Liposuction is a technique to remove fat via a suction canula (tube). This is best for well-defined fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction is a good technique to recontour a problematic area and is often used in abdominoplasty and gynaecomastia surgery.
Reshape Your Body with Body Contouring Surgery
You have worked hard exercising daily, counting calories and watching what you eat to get healthy and lose weight. However, your weight loss may have left you with saggy skin that makes you feel less attractive than when you were heavier.
Excessive skin is unfortunately a common side effect that follows considerable weight loss. This extra skin hides the contours of your slimmer body, which can cause frustration, stress and anxiety after working so hard to get rid of the weight.
Body contouring is the ideal solution to help individuals reach their weight loss goals and regain a more slender look.
Common Body Contouring Surgical Procedures
The most common surgical procedures for body contouring process are:
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) – This procedure reshapes the area from your armpit to elbow, removing sagging and loose skin.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy) – Breast life helps fix deflated or droopy breasts and brings the nipple into a youthful position. Implants are sometimes required to restore volume.
- Body Lift (Lower Body Lift) – A body lift will remove loose skin and excess fat in your abdomen and lower back.
- Breast Reduction – Reduces breasts to create an appearance more proportioned with your body while relieving back, shoulder and neck pain.
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynaecomastia) – Removes excess fat and skin to create a masculine chest shape.
- Bra Line Back Lift – The hanging skin located in the upper back region is removed to prevent any excess skin from rolling over the bra straps.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)- This well-known procedure improves the overall appearance and contour of your abdomen by removing fat and skin while tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Thigh Lift – The excess skin and fat on the inner thighs are removed to reshape the area.
What are the Risks with Body Contouring Surgery?
Like all surgical procedures there are risks with body contouring surgery. Dr Tim Hewitt is highly trained, experienced and fully qualified to assess the risks of each individual patient when it comes to body contouring surgery.
Deciding to undergo body contouring surgery should only be done once you understand the benefits and possible risks that come with this type of procedure. Dr Hewitt will explain possible complications answer any questions you may have.
Remember that each individual undergoing body shaping surgery will have a different experience from others. One may heal quicker than another or require multiple procedures to reach their body image goal.
That is why it is vitally important to have a skilled specialist plastic surgeon like Dr Hewitt openly discuss your specific expectations and goals so he can provide you with the best.